Latest News from Idaho
IDAHO REGIONAL ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING THE CORONA VIRUS
Hello everyone and Welcome to the 2020 FIRST Idaho FRC Regional Robotics Competition!
The Idaho Regional is still all set to commence and we are all super excited to start. As part of FIRST, we have been provided with updates and suggestions as this virus moves along. See official statement from FIRST (click here).
Precautions we will be taking to insure your health and safety:
- Restroom locations are included on the event map and will be posted around the venue to encourage people to blow their noses and wash their hands in designated locations.
- Tissues will not be available outside of the restrooms in order to keep the spread of bacteria and germs down. We strongly encourage our guests to use the tissues we’ll provide in the restrooms and follow this up with a thorough hand washing. We’d also love to hear the “Twinkle Twinkle” or “ABC’s” song or even “Happy Birthday” coming from the restrooms as people wash their hands.
- Signage will be placed as reminders on the inside of the restroom doors.
- Hand Sanitizers will be available throughout the venue.
- Lysol disinfecting wipes will be available where continuous contact with items happens: Machine shop, Pit Admin, Scholarship Row, Field and AV area, Catering area, Welcome and Alumni table at the entrance, and anywhere else we discover needs some extra protection along the way.
- Safety glasses will be loaned out to our guests but will be used once and placed into a tote for disinfecting with soaps and bleach before being placed back into circulation.
- Please, please, please remember that we are all ONE FIRST and to not treat anyone in a way that you wouldn’t want your favorite Grandmother treated. 😊
We may add or modify these as time flies by but wanted everyone to know that your health and safety are our first concern. Please feel free to contact me should you have any further questions or concerns.
Hugs and high fives!
Regional Director, FIRST Idaho